Tis the season for EVERYTHING pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pancakes, list goes on and on! Here are a few more tasty ideas for you to try this season. Starting with the inspiration for this blog post by one of our members, The Iris Inn, posting about their delicious sounding pancakes.
- Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes: If you want something warm and filling to start the day as the mornings get cooler, this recipe is for you. (via The Iris Inn)
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree: Grab your pumpkin and get to work, because the good stuff is on the inside. Slice, scoop and de-seed your way to homemade pumpkin puree that’ll knock any canned pumpkin product outta the patch. (via Pioneer Woman Cooks)
- Roast Pumpkin the Perfect Way: Once you’ve spilled the guts, work on gathering all of those white seeds. Here are some great tips and pics on how to roast those pumpkin seeds to perfection. Not only do seeds have nutritional value, but they’re excellent for munching on their own. Or try topping your favorite salad and soups with them for some added texture and flavor. (via Oh She Glows)
Sweetly Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Seed and Raisin Snack Mix: Now that the secret’s out on how to roast perfect pumpkin seeds (thanks, Oh She Glows), it’s time to take things to the next level by playing with flavor. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal: Oatmeal is no longer boring when you awake to a bright orange bowl of pumpkin spice mixed in. With a dash of nutmeg, some crunchy pecans and tart, dried cranberries, it’ll taste like a fall party all up in your mouth! (via Keep Your Diet Real)
- Overnight Pumpkin Butter: Once you’ve had the sweet and spicy taste of warm pumpkin butter hit your taste buds, you’ll never look at a pumpkin the same way again. Grab a pumpkin and get digging, because these guts make something quite grand. (via A Beautiful Mess)
- Pumpkin Ale: Cheers to fall and all things pumpkin! (via Home Brewers Association photo Liquid Bread)
Are you hungry yet? What is your favorite pumpkin flavored food?